Error initializing the ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment environment. The ArcGISRuntime deployment folder could not be found. Verify that a folder named "arcgisruntime100.1"

08-24-2017 07:03 AM
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

I have a problem when i try to excute my applications the error is (

Error Error initializing the ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment environment. The ArcGISRuntime deployment folder could not be found. Verify that a folder named "arcgisruntime100.1" is in the same folder as your application's executable file, or set ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.InstallPath to reference another location. The deployment folder must contain subfolders that match the processing architecture of your application. SceneLayer C: \ Users \ user \ Documents \ Visual Studio 2015 \ Exercise \ SceneLayerSol \ SceneLayer \ MainWindow.xaml )

The fact is that i verified and the folder  "arcgisruntime100.1" does existe with my .exe file but i didn't understant how to set ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.InstallPath to reference another location? can you tell me how to do that ? thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Does this happen on your develop PC when doing F5 debug. Or does this happen once you deploy your app to a difference device?

Do you have the required C++ Runtime (VCLibs) installed?

Normally you wouldn't set the InstallPath - that's really only needed if you want multiple apps to share the same runtime deployment. If it's not set, it's assumed the folder is right next to your executable.

0 Kudos
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Hello ,

that happen on my develop PC when i debug F5 , i didn't depoy my app on different post , and the folder is right next to the executable 

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you confirm you have these in the folder?

ArcGISRuntime100.1\client32\RuntimeCoreNet.dll (if building x86 or AnyCPU)

ArcGISRuntime100.1\client64\RuntimeCoreNet.dll (if building x64 or AnyCPU + unchecked "Prefer 32bit")

ArcGISRuntime100.1\resources\shaders\*.cso (there should be a lot of .cso files here)

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

...also is "ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.InstallPath" ever getting set anywhere in your app?

0 Kudos
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

I have the ArcGISRuntime100.1\client32\RuntimeCoreNet.dll (if building x86 or AnyCPU)

ArcGISRuntime100.1\resources\shaders\*.cso (there should be a lot of .cso files here) and i don't know how to set the  ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment.InstallPath so i don't know how to check it if it's set or not ? 

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Use the search tool to search the entire solution for the text "InstallPath"

0 Kudos
ManelKEDDAR
New Contributor III

Ah okay i was thinking it's environment variable path or something , euh no it doesn't exist but the fact when i did uninstall all(the arcgis run time local service) and the run time for (WPF)  and install it i don't have any more that error  message  thanks for your help any way 

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Compile with the platform target set to x86 instead of Any CPU.  Then you can switch back to Any CPU.  For some reason when it is set to Any CPU it does not create the client32 folder (switch to x64 if you want the client64 folder)  

Thanks,
-Joe
MeghanKulkarni1
New Contributor III

Miracle.

MK

0 Kudos