Display an Image

Jump to solution
05-27-2021 07:22 AM
FlorianKowalsky
New Contributor III

Is there an easy way to display an image on a map?

I have the four points of an rectangle an i would like to fill it with an Image thats generated in Memory.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZackAllen
Esri Contributor

Hi Florian, thank you for reaching out. You can display an image on a map or a scene using a KML ground overlay class . We have a sample that demonstrates displaying a KML ground overlay on a scene.

Unfortunately, the  KMLIcon object currently only supports a Uri to a network or local path. You would need to find a way to write the image from memory to storage for use in the KMLIcon and KMLGroundOverlay.

Please let me know if you have other questions,

Zack

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZackAllen
Esri Contributor

Hi Florian, thank you for reaching out. You can display an image on a map or a scene using a KML ground overlay class . We have a sample that demonstrates displaying a KML ground overlay on a scene.

Unfortunately, the  KMLIcon object currently only supports a Uri to a network or local path. You would need to find a way to write the image from memory to storage for use in the KMLIcon and KMLGroundOverlay.

Please let me know if you have other questions,

Zack

FlorianKowalsky
New Contributor III

Thanks, i still found this  solution, so i hoped there is a way without writing the Image to Storage.

0 Kudos