Deployment Folder Name

Jump to solution
02-08-2017 06:48 AM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to come up with a good way to automate Runtime updates in my application.  I already have a method for updating the application components themselves, as well as installing the new deployment folder.  The problem is cleaning up the current deployment folder:  each version of Runtime expects a particular name for the deployment folder, and so far I haven't been able to find out what that name is via code.  Apart from baking it into the configuration, has anyone found a way to determine the name of the current Runtime deployment folder?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

We don't expose that. Currently the folder is always "arcgisruntime" + [version], where version is the first 2 or 3 digits (we drop the 3rd one if it's zero) *.

v100.0.0 would be "arcgisruntime100.0"

v100.0.1 would be "arcgisruntime100.0.1" 

v100.1.0 would be "arcgisruntime100.1" etc

You can get the version using th assembly info:

var assembly = System.Reflection.Assembly.GetAssembly(typeof(ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment));

var version = assembly.GetName().Version;

The combine 'Major', 'Minor' and optionally 'Build' properties together to generate the version string.

* Note: This pattern might change at any point.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

We don't expose that. Currently the folder is always "arcgisruntime" + [version], where version is the first 2 or 3 digits (we drop the 3rd one if it's zero) *.

v100.0.0 would be "arcgisruntime100.0"

v100.0.1 would be "arcgisruntime100.0.1" 

v100.1.0 would be "arcgisruntime100.1" etc

You can get the version using th assembly info:

var assembly = System.Reflection.Assembly.GetAssembly(typeof(ArcGISRuntimeEnvironment));

var version = assembly.GetName().Version;

The combine 'Major', 'Minor' and optionally 'Build' properties together to generate the version string.

* Note: This pattern might change at any point.

0 Kudos
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the reply; I figured that might be the case.  Currently I'm putting it in the config file, but I was hoping there was a clever way around it.

0 Kudos