This code is executing on the 10.2.6 version of the ArcGis .NET Runtime
We're having a major issue with running our WPF application with the ArcGis .NET Runtime 10.2.6 under Citrix (and we've seen this happen with RDP as well). When we run locally, we never run into this issue.
Basically, after a period of time our application stops responding when we're running a Query task or some other awaitable action involving the map. We're fairly confident that the map is the problem here because if we disable the map, the application remains responsive no matter what.
During the execution, the code queries the runtime local server for feature data, creates a graphics layer, overlays the features, then displays 2 panels which causes the map to shrink horizontally. That last part is kind of important, because if we don't display these panels, i.e. we keep the map at the same size and position, then the application will run indefinitely without freezing.
Sometimes this the freeze occurs during a call to QueryTask.ExecuteAsync, other times it happens after a call to MapView.SetViewAsync.
Each time it's an async call that seems to be culprit, which leads me to conclude there's a deadlock or race condition happening somewhere in the runtime code.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how to work around this problem? Am I missing something obvious?
Note that VDIs (such as Citrix) are currently (10.2.X product family) supported for development and testing purposes but not for deployment. We are investigating how we can technically and commercially certify and support deployments in VDI environments.
Mean while, please contact Rex Hansen (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss how we can help you. Cheers, Antti
Thank you, I've emailed Rex.
Regarding support, we have not deployed this into production, and we are in dev for this phase. However, we have a rather substantial customer base who access the applications through Citrix and being able to run the applications through it is mandatory for us.
Also you should update to 10.2.7 since we did several fixes that were related to these kind of issues. I cannot remember exactly what issues were fixed but you should see much stable runtime with that.
I have been having the same deadlock problem with MapView.SetViewAsync when using our application through RDP. I have replaced all calls with MapView.SetView to avoid these problems.
Yeah, I tried doing that, but it still locked up, and it would lock up in random places (sometimes when we were querying features, other times when we moved the map around).
We upgraded to 10.2.7 and .NET 4.6.1 and everything seems to be OK now.