Create Point and Spatial Join From Geocoding Results

03-24-2016 11:02 AM
JeremyMullins4
New Contributor III

I am trying to attempt real-time spatial analysis after either geocoding or reverse-geocoding an address. I want to be able to put in an address into my address locator and, as soon as it finds a match, it automatically assigns X/Y coordinates to that location and begins a spatial analysis of any underlying layers associated with it.

I know that in ArcMap (I am using 10.4) you can right-click on the address in the Geocoding toolbar and click "Add Point", but this is point seems to be stored in memory and not in any table, shapefile, or feature class. I need to be able to do quick analysis and have the output of that analysis put into a table.

Does anybody know how I can get started on this? I need to be able to do this from an address locator shared as runtime content, so I can't perform the geocoding function from within ArcMap.

Thanks for any and all help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The LocatorTask.GeocodeAsync task returns a LocatorGeocodeResult (LocatorGeocodeResult Class). This has a Location property containing the MapPoint representing the location of the geocoded addresss. MapPoints have X and Y coordinate values.

Cheers

Mike

JeremyMullins4
New Contributor III

Mike,

I actually found that digging around in the Desktop API links provided at the Developer's site. I am not the actual developer of our runtime application - just a GIS analyst more familiar with the ArcMap/ArcCatalog aspect of the venture - so I apologize if the answer was seemingly right in front of my face; just took me a while to get there.

Basically, we have an interface that allows users to put in an address. I want the local runtime geocoder to validate the address and then provide information about particular zones that the address is in (which I am assuming would be a plethora of spatial joins), placing that information in a separate table for analysis later. Do you have any recommendations on how to do this?

0 Kudos