Create graphic by SketchEditor is hard to drag to move

07-06-2017 06:21 AM
xiaoguangyan
New Contributor III

I still think in the new releases runtime version graphic(actually geometry) created by SketchEditor is harder to drag to move(have to select outline first and drag by holding outline), though in 10.2.7 the way to drag may cause other edit but I think it is more convienient to move geometry.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

My understanding of move (at least with point) is you do not drag.  But instead click the new location of the point and then call CompleCommand:Execute(null).  At least I have never been able to drag the point, which would certainly be a nice feature.  This seems to be how the sample works.

Sketch graphics on the map—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Samples | ArcGIS for Developers 

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos
xiaoguangyan
New Contributor III

Hi Joe

indeed if with point  is no need to drag to chang position, but if geometry is the line or polygon you still have to select the line or outline(which will be highlighted) first then drag by holding outline to chang position, and this is less convienient  than in 10.2.7

0 Kudos
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you both for your feedback. We will certainly take them under advisement for future improvements. Perhaps make this behavior change configurable.

In v100+, dragging vertex or geometry requires that the feature be highlighted first either it was recently added or previously tapped. Once highlighted, you don't have to tap to select again, just drag vertex/geometry. For MapPoint, you may tap to define its new location or drag it to a new location. The reason for requiring selection first was to avoid unintentional edits and to highlight which tool/geometry is currently active.

You may also use any of the GeometryEngine methods if you would like to move geometry programmatically.

Thanks.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
BikeshMaharjan1
New Contributor III

One way I was able to make it a little easier to move is to assign the following code for LineSymbol of sketch style of the geometry:

new SimpleFillSymbol(SimpleFillSymbolStyle.Null, Colors.White, new SimpleLineSymbol(SimpleLineSymbolStyle.Dash, Colors.Yellow, 2.0)); 

This way you don't have to click on the outline but click on any part of the geometry for highlighting and moving.

However, I feel that once you are in edit mode or creation mode, you should be able to move (drag) the geometry without the extra click to highlight it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
xiaoguangyan
New Contributor III

Hi, I do as your code, but still by click the outline and after outline highlight then you can move by drag outline.

0 Kudos