cannot use secure map service

Jump to solution
12-05-2016 09:28 AM
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

We have a secure tiled map service that we wish to consume in ArcGIS Runtime 10.2.7.  But when we run it, we get the following error:

Layer could not be added to Map because layer initialization failed. See InnerException for more information.

InnerException: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

I open the same map service using ArcGIS Online, ArcMap, JavaScript, and Quartz Runtime, they all work.  Is there something I am missing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

There seems to be some issues with the SSL certification or validation of it. See this SO thread with some good tips how to handle it: c# - The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel - Stack Overflow 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Huy,

Please can you provide more details?

- API type (WPF / Store 8.1 / Phone 8.1)

- OS (Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Phone 8.1...)

- .NET version (4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1...

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

Hi Mike,

Here are the additional details:

API : ArcGIS Runtime for .NET 10.2.7 (WPF)

.NET version: 4.5

Map Service: https://extsvc.tampagov.net/arcgis/rest/services/Versaterm/VersatermCacheSP/MapServer

<Grid>
 <esri:MapView x:Name="MyMapView"
 LayerLoaded="MyMapView_LayerLoaded">
 <esri:Map>
 <esri:ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer ID="Basemap"
 ServiceUri="https://extsvc.tampagov.net/arcgis/rest/services/Versaterm/VersatermCacheSP/MapServer"/>
 </esri:Map>
 </esri:MapView>
 </Grid>
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

There seems to be some issues with the SSL certification or validation of it. See this SO thread with some good tips how to handle it: c# - The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel - Stack Overflow 

HuyHo
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Morten! That appears to be the issue, I got the map to display after following the suggestions on Stack Overflow.

0 Kudos