Can I change the sensitivity of scroll zooming?

Jump to solution
03-30-2017 07:40 AM
DavidMillican
New Contributor II

I have a feature in my application that triggers some change when crossing a threshold for scale. I wanted to add a hysteresis to this threshold so that it wasn't so sensitive to the zoom. The problem is that the amount that is zoomed each time the scroll wheel is moved is not the same. It doesn't even appear to be a uniform percentage of change that I can tell. So what I was wondering was if I can set the amount of change to scale that occurs on each scroll. Is this possible? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

> It doesn't even appear to be a uniform percentage of change that I can tell.

The zoom should always be 0.5x (0r 2x for zooming out) of the current scale. Note though that if you do multiple quick wheel zooms, it's 2x of where you started the next zoom.

Currently there's no way to override the 2x factor, but something we are considering to expose.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

> It doesn't even appear to be a uniform percentage of change that I can tell.

The zoom should always be 0.5x (0r 2x for zooming out) of the current scale. Note though that if you do multiple quick wheel zooms, it's 2x of where you started the next zoom.

Currently there's no way to override the 2x factor, but something we are considering to expose.

DavidMillican
New Contributor II

So 0.5x factor for zooming in and 2x for zooming out? I may be able to work with that then. Thanks.

0 Kudos
CandaceM
New Contributor II

Yes please do make this modifiable by the user. I really dislike how fast it zooms out/in and I can't get used to it. My work mouse is also overly sensitive so if it goes one extra click of the wheel I'm at a provincial level when I was just editing a small river boundary. There's really no need since ArcMap isn't/wasn't this way.

0 Kudos