AuthenticationManager OAuth2 Implicit - Authorize Behind the Scenes

03-28-2017 04:35 AM
JoseSousa
Esri Contributor

Hi,

We have Portal for ArcGIS 10.4 configured with ADFS 2016. We also have an SOI on a server that filters data based on a user profile.

We are developing a UWP app that contains data from two different systems SAP/Hybris and ArcGIS. All resources from both parties are secured through ADFS, however, each system has their own OAuth2 implementation.

The main login is from SAP which gets a token through OAuth2. This token does not work with ArcGIS so during the main logon we also have to generate an OAuth2 token for ArcGIS using the same credentials. We don't want a new login page from Portal for ArcGIS.

We have tried using the AuthenticationManager class with token implicit but this always prompts us for credentials.

We have tried to set a username and password in the GenerateCredentialAsync method but it still prompts us for a username and password.

var credential = await AuthenticationManager.Current.GenerateCredentialAsync(..., username, password)

Is there a way to login to ArcGIS using OAuth2 implicit named users behind the scenes? We have tried using the proxy page but that has been configured for OAuth2 app logins not named user logins. We need that the  user identity is carried all the way to the SOI.

Is there a way of doing this?

Cheers,

Jose

1 Reply
ChrisSeabrooke1
New Contributor III

I know this was posted years ago, but I'm wondering if you ever figured it out? I have a similar situation where I need to  login using OAuth2 behind the scenes.

0 Kudos