ArcMap interaction in 10.3

Jump to solution
02-03-2015 01:02 PM
MarkOberg
New Contributor II

Is there a way to interact with ArcMap with 10.3 version of the runtime SDK?  In previous versions, I was able to use the ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMapUI.IMxDocument and ESRI.ArcGIS.Framework.IAppROT in order to highlight features in ArcMap itself.  Do similar interfaces and classes exist?

Thanks in Advance,

Mark Oberg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkOberg
New Contributor II

ArcObjects is still able to be used, just not advertised on the developer page as well as the runtime SDK.  Found the download in the EDN downloads area.  All good..... till next time.  ArcObjects is the way to go for ArcMap interaction.

Thanks,

Mark Oberg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

There is currently no support for interacting with ArcMap from the ArcGIS Runtime (no equivalent of ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMapUI.IMxDocument and ESRI.ArcGIS.Framework.IAppROT).

Was it an ArcGIS Engine based application from which you were making these calls?

It would be interesting to know more about your scenario e.g. what type of embedded GIS application you might have which needs additional functionality only available in ArcMap?

Cheers

Mike

0 Kudos
MarkOberg
New Contributor II

The application was not ArcGIS Engine based and used ArcObjects.  The application took calls from my custom data software and highlighted related features in ArcMap.  There is also a custom toolbar that I developed that did the reverse and took features that you highlighted in ArcMap and identified data in my custom app.  The application was designed for those that had already purchased ArcMap and were familiar with it.  This provided a low learning curve for customers to understand how the data interacted.  I still would like to continue to provide this functionality to our customers that will/are using ArcMap 10.3 so any direction would be helpful.

EDIT:

Is ArcObjects SDK for .NET still able to be used in 10.3?

Thanks,

Mark Oberg

0 Kudos
MarkOberg
New Contributor II

ArcObjects is still able to be used, just not advertised on the developer page as well as the runtime SDK.  Found the download in the EDN downloads area.  All good..... till next time.  ArcObjects is the way to go for ArcMap interaction.

Thanks,

Mark Oberg

0 Kudos