Arcgis offline basemap windows store

03-26-2015 10:27 AM
RajaRaja
New Contributor

Hi,

Currently i am developing the offline base map in windows store apps.

The problem is we are unable to get offline world street maps of the given link

World_Street_Map (MapServer)  in windows store apps. How can we get the offline world street maps in windows store app development.

please help us.

Regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AsserSwelam1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Raja,

The service you are using doesn't support ExportTiles operation

This service does World_Street_Map

You can check by looking for the supported operations at the bottom of the browser page when you open the link.

exportStreet.PNG

-Asser

0 Kudos
RajaRaja
New Contributor

Hi Asser,

Thank you for valuable information.But how can we get offline world street map using windows store development?

please suggest us.

Regards,

0 Kudos
AsserSwelam1
Occasional Contributor

What I understand is you want to use World Street Map offline. In order to do so you will need to export it to runtime content as tpk file and add it to your app content and use it offline.

You can find more info about how to Create an offline map also the github .NET SDK samples have samples to show you how to do that. Download and build the store samples and check Offline > ExportTileCache sample.

Thanks,

Asser

0 Kudos
RajaRaja
New Contributor

Hi Asser,

Thanks for your information and it was very helpful to me.

I have developed the offline map using sample link Sync/SaveTheBaySync (FeatureServer)  which was related to wildlife sightings. Now the thing is when i opened the offline map without internet connection i am getting the map in grid format along with saved data(like birds in the service). But i am not getting the background base map(like world street map) along with grid map.

can you please suggest me.

Regards,

0 Kudos
AsserSwelam1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Raja,

In the sample you refer to the World Street Map is not part of the offline content. You can use the Sync GeoDatabase sample to create offline GeoDatabase and the ExportTileCache to get offline World Street Map tpk and use them both on your map while you work offline.

-Asser

0 Kudos