App crash caused by ArcGIS Runtime .NET 10.2.7

05-04-2017 09:46 PM
NilankaD
New Contributor II

Hi,

We use ARCGIS runtime sdk 10.2.7. WPF mapview control is used to show a map in our application. Sometimes when the window with the mapview control is opened it crashes the application. It's not consistent. If I open and close the window few times times, I can reproduce the issue most of the time.

Windows event log:

Faulting application name: x.exe, version: 4.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x590bf38c
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000a7666
Faulting process id: 0x4c04
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2c553a20267a4
Faulting application path: D:\x\x\x\x\x\x\bin\Debug\x.exe
Faulting module path: D:\x\x\x\x\x\x\bin\Debug\arcgisruntime10.2.7\client32\MSVCR120.dll
Report Id: e029281a-adb0-4e51-90e2-785b9d7fdf64
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Do you have any idea why this is happening ? Pls let me know if you need more details on the issue or environment or code.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you try in the project settings to "enable native debugging", and reproduce it with the debugger attached? When it breaks, copy-paste the call stack here.

0 Kudos
NilankaD
New Contributor II

I tried. But since I don't have the required pdb file, I get the following.

arcgisruntime10.2.7\client32\msvcr120.i386.pdb: Cannot find or open the PDB file. 

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

You shouldn't need the pdbs to get the stack trace. Alternatively, when it crashes, in Visual Studio under the "Debug" menu, pick "Save Dump as..." and save it and we can have a look at the crash with the PDBs from our end. 

0 Kudos
NilankaD
New Contributor II

I could find the following details. Please check if it's sufficient.

Unhandled exception at 0x20067666 (msvcr120.dll) in <App>.exe: Fatal program exit requested.

Call Stack:

msvcr120.dll!abort() Line 88
msvcr120.dll!terminate() Line 96
msvcp120.dll!_Call_func(void * _Data) Line 35
msvcr120.dll!_callthreadstartex() Line 376
msvcr120.dll!_threadstartex(void * ptd) Line 354
kernel32.dll!@BaseThreadInitThunk@12 ()
ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart()
ntdll.dll!__RtlUserThreadStart@8 ()

0 Kudos
NilankaD
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm still waiting for a feedback on this issue? Were you able to find the issue with the information provided ?

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Sorry the information you provided only gives an indication that something in the windows system crashed. Without a full crash dump as requested, there's not much more I can pull out of that limited information.

0 Kudos
NilankaD
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Thank you. That's helpful. I went through all the active threads, and I don't see anything related to the runtime in there that is causing a crash. All I saw was a call from 'PickLocationByMapDraw' that takes a Map object, but this is not where things are crashing.

This crash seems to be caused by something else. Note: I have over time experienced some instabilities with mixing Windows Forms and XAML, and this could potentially be what you're hitting.

0 Kudos
NilankaD
New Contributor II

Thanks Morten for your feedback. Will check that.

0 Kudos