Anyone have an example using JoinTableDataSource?

Jump to solution
04-13-2016 07:19 AM
RonVincent
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to join a SQLite table to a Runtime Geodatabase table. JoinTableDataSource seems to provide this capability but it I don't see much help about it or sample code. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Ron,

The JoinTableDataSource is for use only with the DynamicLayer capability of the MapServer endpoint via the ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer. There's an example of using the TableDataSource here: Code Example - DynamicLayerInfoCollection. In this scenario the join would be done on the server-side between two datasets accessible to the MapServer.

We don't currently support table joins directly on FeatureLayers or FeatureTables, but depending on what you're specifically trying to do, you may be able to achieve the same result through querying the FeatureTable then putting the results in a GraphicsOverlay and using Linq to perform a join?

Cheers

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RonVincent
Occasional Contributor

I'm asking to join a table to a feature layer.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Ron,

The JoinTableDataSource is for use only with the DynamicLayer capability of the MapServer endpoint via the ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer. There's an example of using the TableDataSource here: Code Example - DynamicLayerInfoCollection. In this scenario the join would be done on the server-side between two datasets accessible to the MapServer.

We don't currently support table joins directly on FeatureLayers or FeatureTables, but depending on what you're specifically trying to do, you may be able to achieve the same result through querying the FeatureTable then putting the results in a GraphicsOverlay and using Linq to perform a join?

Cheers

Mike

RonVincent
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Mike. That's where the design of the solution was headed for my project.

0 Kudos