Android Issue/Crash with Tabbed Page

Jump to solution
05-01-2018 09:25 AM
ChadYoder1
Occasional Contributor II

I’m experiencing an issue using Runtime with a Xamarin Forms TabbedPage.  In my app, there is a TabbedPage which consists of 5 tabs.  The map is loaded on the first tab.  Navigating between any of the first 4 tabs work perfectly fine, and any time you navigate back to the map tab, the map in drawn instantly (no code, just works). 

However, navigating from the 5th tab (or any tab after) back to the map tab shows the hatched background for a brief time, and then the map is redrawn.  Doing this on an emulator will actually kill the entire emulator (Genymotion), not just the app.  On a real device (both running Android 7), the app will be sluggish and eventually crash. 

The issue is better when using 100.1 as compared to 100.2.1, and often times the app won’t crash.  Additionally, if the app does not crash, the map data is not completely refreshed when using 100.2.1, but it is fine when using 100.1.

The same code works on iOS with no issues or sluggishness.

I have a simple repro app and data (although the issue does not appear to be dependent on the data) if there’s any Esri folks who would able to assist.  Reply with your email address and I’ll share the code and sample data on Dropbox.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

This issue should be fixed in v100.6 of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET.

Thanks

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III

We had run into this issue and addressed it way back during the Xamarin private beta.  Unfortunately, it seems to have resurfaced - or perhaps it was never resolved for all cases.  If you could share your reproducer, that would be useful - rzwaap@esri.com.   

0 Kudos
ChadYoder1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks Rich.  I shared the app and data with you via Dropbox.  

Don't hesitate to email me directly if you have questions or would like any additional info.

0 Kudos
RichZwaap
Occasional Contributor III

Got it, thanks very much for sharing.

0 Kudos
StephenDoherty
New Contributor

Rich Zwaap‌ were you able to find a resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

This issue should be fixed in v100.6 of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET.

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos