About Windows OS running on XenApp

11-22-2017 03:52 AM
TakahiroKAMIYA
Esri Contributor

It is a Windows OS that runs on XenApp, but is there a problem? Is there a problem with the operating environment of Runtime?
Personally, I think that it is okay if an instance of EC 2 and other virtualization technologies satisfy the operating environment of Runtime.

XenApp and XenDesktop - Virtual Apps and Desktops - Citrix 

Regards.

Takahiro Kamiya

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Certification of ArcGIS Runtime functionality in virtual environments is underway. It is likely we will see support for specific products/technologies announced incrementally over a number of releases. We are hoping to be able to announce the initial results of that certification in our upcoming v100.2 release in late 2017 / early 2018. Initially we are targeting certification of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments such as VMware Horizon and Citrix XenDesktop. The roadmap for this certification also includes support for Citrix XenApp in a future release.

For more information, please see the release notes and system requirements in the next release. 

Cheers

Mike

TakahiroKAMIYA
Esri Contributor

Hello Mike,

I am always grateful for your help.
I understood about the situation of support.

Regards,

Takahiro Kamiya.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Although we haven't specifically tested or certified for it, have you tried it? It might "just work".

TakahiroKAMIYA
Esri Contributor

I'm sorry I have not done it yet.

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Deploying apps via XenApp built with ArcGIS Runtime is not currently a certified/support workflow. For a future release we do plan to test XenApp, with the goal of being able to list it as a supported configuration. But we are already aware there may be issues.

Cheers

Mike