100.2.0: WmtsLayer and dimensions

01-09-2018 12:58 AM
BjørnarSundsbø1
Occasional Contributor II

In the previous versions of the runtime, WMTS layer has dimension information available. I notice this has disappeared in the lates release, or possibly in 100.1.0. Is this expected to come back, or is there a new way to work with this that I have yet to find?

This is the continuation of the post https://community.esri.com/thread/190266-how-do-i-specify-a-valid-dimension-for-wmts-layer 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The WmtsDimensionInfo is unfortunately not available yet. It's been in our API designs from the beginning and something we'd like to add, but hasn't made it into a release yet.

0 Kudos
BjørnarSundsbø1
Occasional Contributor II

Any chance this has been slottet for the next release? Trying to plan ahead, and as of now, we can't display time based weather maps in our applications due to this limitation (since 10.2.7). If time dimensions could be supported as part of ITimeAware Interface, that would be awesome, and make things easier. A very cunning plan? (or mixing apples and oranges?)

0 Kudos
MatveiStefarov
Esri Contributor

I have a progress update!  The latest release of Runtime (200.1) can now use WMTS services with dimensions.  The default dimension value is used if provided by the service.  Otherwise, the first value listed is used.  For example, layers from the Meteorologisk institutt WMTS service now display the furthest available forecast.

Note that there is no way to view or customize dimension values yet, and no ITimeAware support yet.

0 Kudos