Stability Operations Symbology does not display Quantity Property

Jump to solution
06-27-2013 09:28 AM
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
I noticed that plotted military symbols with coding scheme of "O" (Stability Operations) do not display their Quantity property regardless of category (e.g., "OSVPA----------", "OSIAR----------",  "OHVPP----------", etc.). This property works well with other coding schemes, and I wonder if there's a workaround similar to the current issue with unique designation property.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LorraineFunkhouser
Esri Contributor
The display properties for each coding scheme are based on modifier requirements in MIL-STD-2525C and APP-6(B).  Not all modifiers are applicable to all symbols. In this case, the Quantity modifier is not applicable to Stability Operations symbols in the standards so we don't currently support it.  If you want, you could log an enhancement request to add this property to the Stability Operations category.

Lorraine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
Sorry about the slow reply...  I've passed this question to the Military team.

Mark
0 Kudos
LorraineFunkhouser
Esri Contributor
The display properties for each coding scheme are based on modifier requirements in MIL-STD-2525C and APP-6(B).  Not all modifiers are applicable to all symbols. In this case, the Quantity modifier is not applicable to Stability Operations symbols in the standards so we don't currently support it.  If you want, you could log an enhancement request to add this property to the Stability Operations category.

Lorraine.
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
... the Quantity modifier is not applicable to Stability Operations symbols in the standards ...

Could you point me to the page in the manual where the number of items present do not apply to stability operations symbols? I can't seem to find it. I'd like to have it as reference. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
If you want, you could log an enhancement request to add this property to the Stability Operations category.

Please, do. Current US Army military fielded systems (FBCB2, JCR) allow this functionality using obervation messages, a.k.a. Spot reports, on Stability Operations (SO) symbols which are formerly known as Militay Operations Other Than War (MOOTW) symbols on MIL-STD 2525B w/ App6B standards.
0 Kudos