Military Features Data Usage: Icon Fill Colors

Jump to solution
06-06-2014 04:42 PM
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
Greetings,

Based on Military Features Data Usage, Tips, and Tricks for MIL-STD-2525C notes, I am able to change the Fill color of Friendly icons with an update query by replacing the color pattern. This fill color property exist in the JSON string under a "type" property of the symbol's "CIMSolidPattern" node. How do I modify the entry in order to NOT display a background color at all? There is no color pattern for transparency (that I know of). Intuitively, it seems that simply removing the "CIMSolidPattern" entry would do the trick, but I haven't tested it. I prefer not to chase a while goose and get a best practice answer.

Thanks in advanced.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherMoore
Esri Contributor
Unfortunately as that tips & tricks readme said, those database edits aren't supported.

You may be able to get this to work by setting the fill color's alpha (last) value to zero or the entire RGBA color to (0, 0, 0, 0) - or (255, 255, 255, 0) but if something like that doesn't work you would have to open a support ticket for a new feature request: "support alternate and transparent fills for advanced symbology."
- Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChristopherMoore
Esri Contributor
Unfortunately as that tips & tricks readme said, those database edits aren't supported.

You may be able to get this to work by setting the fill color's alpha (last) value to zero or the entire RGBA color to (0, 0, 0, 0) - or (255, 255, 255, 0) but if something like that doesn't work you would have to open a support ticket for a new feature request: "support alternate and transparent fills for advanced symbology."
- Chris
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
Chris, thanks for your insight. It turns out that your suggestion does work as you expected. I was able to make the background of all single-point symbols that were not tactical graphics transparent, and their borders from black to the related fill color associated to their affiliation. This is exactly what my requirements were, and all without a single line of programming code change (practically). Kudo's!:cool:
0 Kudos