Java SDK 10.4.2 Deployment under Windows Server 2008 R2

Jump to solution
11-26-2018 02:42 PM
EdgarCanul
New Contributor III

Greetings,

Please, I have a problem with application deployment. I developed my app under windows 8.1 and deployed it to another PC with the same OS without problems. But when I try to deploy under windows server 2008 r2 the runtime core library is no recognized. 

The error, of course, an Unsatisfied Link Error:

Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\ja
va10.2.4\arcgisruntime10.2.4\client64\runtimecore_java.dll

I've checked the path to the library and tried to do it with the Deployment Builder but the dll file is no recognized even though it is there. Is like it wasn't compatible with windows Server 2008. But the System Requirmentes (System requirements for 10.2.4—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java | ArcGIS for Developers ) says that it is compatible with: Windows 2008 R2 Server Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter (64-bit (EM64T)). I don't have SP1 installed but the table says at most SP1.

Could it be a problem with the msvcp120/msvcr120 libraries?

Thanks before hand. I hope someone can help me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdgarCanul
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer

All is 64 bit (Operative system, ArcGIS API and Java Runtime Environment) and the problem persisted. However trying several actions I decided to install service pack 1 on my operative system and "voilà", it worked! (in fact it still doesn't show the map because some connectivity issues caused by a proxy but the application started).

I'm unsure about the problem because as I mentioned above, the requirements state that Windows Server 2008 R2 is enough but for me, the solution was install service pack 1.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

I see this sometimes when there is a clash between 32-bit and 64-bit Java and native dlls. For example: 32-bit Java cannot load 64-bit native libraries.

Which version of Runtime are you using: 32- or 64-? Which JRE are you launching your application with: 32 or 64?

0 Kudos
EdgarCanul
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer

All is 64 bit (Operative system, ArcGIS API and Java Runtime Environment) and the problem persisted. However trying several actions I decided to install service pack 1 on my operative system and "voilà", it worked! (in fact it still doesn't show the map because some connectivity issues caused by a proxy but the application started).

I'm unsure about the problem because as I mentioned above, the requirements state that Windows Server 2008 R2 is enough but for me, the solution was install service pack 1.

0 Kudos