How to run buffer.gpk on arcgis runtime 100.1.0

11-20-2017 02:26 AM
SaikrishnaGardasu
New Contributor

I am trying to create buffer for polyline on arcgis run time sdk but i have to use arcgis tool box.How ca i access toolbox in arcgis run time sdk.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Rather than acces the toolbox in ArcMap, you can use the buffer tool in the GeometryEngine

This will allow you to buffer any feature that you pass in to the tool and then buffer it by the unit of the spatial reference.

0 Kudos
SaikrishnaGardasu
New Contributor

Thank You.But I have to perform some spatial operations also in ArcGIS Runtime Sdk.I have to access toolbox in ArcGIS runtime sdk GUI.Help me through how to develop java code to that.

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

You'll not actually access the ArcMap toolbox directly from within a Runtime application. You'll access a Geoprocessing package (GPK file), in your Runtime application using Runtime's Local Server. Local Server knows how to unpack the GPK and execute the tools to solve your geoprocessing task.

This topic: Author and publish a geoprocessing model—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java | ArcGIS for Developers , explains the GPK file creation process.

This topic: Run a geoprocessing task—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java | ArcGIS for Developers , explains how Local Server accesses the GPK and runs the tool or model to get a result.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos