how to add latitude and longitude values to arcgis..?

09-24-2014 10:15 PM
srinivasan
New Contributor

hello. i have a latitude and longitude in a excel sheet. i have also created a csv file with three columns, ID,LATITUDE,LONGITUDE. i don't know how to make it work on my project. can anyone help me out..?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bhumayyamaheshwaram
New Contributor

hi srini u can do first u had csv file right click for csv file add xy then after the ask lat long and also downside one edit option click then give the geographic coordinate projection click WGS 1984 then create the  point  data again export shapfile or feature class.then u access the data for use.

if any quary then let me no.

Regards

Bhumayya

0 Kudos
srinivasan
New Contributor

i am using in netbeans. how can i add it..? i think your about to say this..! LINK http://gis.mtu.edu/?p=205

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Srini:

Are you asking how to write this with Runtime Java (which is this space), or are you asking how to do this in ArcGIS Desktop? (Which is what the above mentioned article is referring to)

0 Kudos
EliseAcheson1
Occasional Contributor

I second Eric's question. Also note that if you have a CSV of points with named columns for latitude and longitude, you can just drag & drop the spreadsheet file onto a map on ArcGIS Online and see your points that way.

~elise

0 Kudos