How can we use .style/.serverstyle symbol file in Arcgis Runtime for Java

05-14-2015 02:10 AM
PavanRai
New Contributor

Hi,

I am developing application using ArcGIS Runtime for java on RHEL 6.5

How can we use .style/.serverstyle symbol file in ArcGIS Runtime for java application. These style file I created from .emf file.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

There is nothing in the API that directly helps with this. You might have to get creative, but I doubt there is a clean and easy way.

0 Kudos
PavanRai
New Contributor

Thanks Eric.

Can you suggest any creative way for same?

0 Kudos
EricBader

Email me the file and I'll be happy to take a look and suggest something. If I can. Can't promise anything. 🙂

0 Kudos
PavanRai
New Contributor

Thanks Eric,

I will send you an .emf file which I have to use in my application. Can you share your Email Id?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
EricBader

Thanks for the files.

The .serverstyle file is intended for ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS for Server usage and workflows, which are ArcObjects-based at there core. ArcGIS Runtime is not ArcObjects-based. These are completely different architectures and technologies, and do no interoperate, other than via REST.

Therefore, sadly, and as I suspected, there are no easy automated ways of translating what's inside of the style files into something consumable by the Runtime APIs.

There may be some ArcPy functions that can do some translation or interrogation of what's inside them, but that's about it. If you can re-create the symbols you want as icons, you can use PictureMarkerSymbol to render them. That's about all I can say. Sorry about that!

0 Kudos