Cannot run Contour geoprocessing example

04-22-2015 03:24 AM
TomStandard
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty running the geoprocessing example applications which are supplied with the Java Runtime SDK.

When opening the Contour example, a progress bar appears at the bottom of the application and multiple warnings are logged in the console window.

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk - Creating

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk - Create

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk_host - Creating

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk_host - Launching

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk_host - Launched process 4764

INFO rid= 'worker-4764' STAServerObjectHost - Creating

INFO rid=1 'worker-4764' STAServerObjectHost - Received Request

WARN rid=1 'server' gpk_host - crashdump path: C:/Users/TOM~1.STA/AppData/Local/Temp/ArcGISRuntimeErrorReports/arcgisruntime_10.2.4.3858_service_20150422_091926.dmp

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk_host - Worker process exited unexpectedly

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk_host - Worker process 'Contour.gpk_host' exited while attempting to service request (attempt 1 of 1): endpoint='admin' headers={} params={asynchronous=null, filePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\java10.2.4\sdk\samples\data\gpks\Contour\Contour.gpk, jobDir=C:\Users\TOM~1.STA\AppData\Local\Temp\arcgisruntime_1596\Contour.gpk\jobs, mapserver=null, maxRecords=1000, name=Contour.gpk,outputDir=C:\Users\TOM~1.STA\AppData\Local\Temp\arcgisruntime_1596\Contour.gpk, type=GPServer,virtualDir=http://127.0.0.1:50001/outputDir/Contour.gpk} res='create', post=0 Crash dump path=C:\Users\TOM~1.STA\AppData\Local\Temp\ArcGISRuntimeErrorReports\arcgisruntime_10.2.4.3858_service_20150422_091926.dmp

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk - gpk - SOC exited handler called

WARN rid=1 'server' gpk - Service going to 'crashed' state

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk - Shutdown while being created

INFO rid=1 'server' gpk_host - Terminate

This is with a fresh installation of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java. This is running on a heavily locked down system, so my immediate thoughts are that there is a simple permissions problem which is preventing the GP service from being started. However, I've not been able to track this down myself.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated - I've seen some similar discussions on the forums here, but none of the suggestions in the other threads have solved this issue.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

That is interesting.

Do any of the Local Server examples that use packages work at all on that same machine?

While the sample is running, try hitting the virtualDir URL (that you see in the console log) in a browser. You should be able to see the rest end point for this local service. If you don't, then something could be preventing your app from using a port, or something like that.

0 Kudos
EricBader

Another question: The user account you are using while trying to run the sample...is this the same user that installed the SDK on that machine?

0 Kudos
TomStandard
New Contributor

No - the SDK was installed by a sysadmin for our network (using an admin account). My account is a plain user account.

0 Kudos
EricBader

Indeed, this could be the issue.

Is there a chance you can login to the same machine with the sysadmin account and try running the sample again?

0 Kudos
TomStandard
New Contributor

Hi Eric - thanks for looking at this with me.

The only other local sample I have tried is the Geoprocessing Task Info sample, which I had expected to work without any issues at all. The result is the same, although I get a dialog box which says: "Service was unable to start. Service status: STARTFAILED".

I get a 404 error when browsing to the virtualDir location (http://127.0.0.1:500001/outputDir/Contour.gpk), but I can view the REST service directory at: http://127.0.0.1:50001/arcgis/rest. The only displayed text on that page is:

"Current Version 10.21

Services:"

If I leave the Java console window open I get intermittent messages which say:

"2015-04-28 08:34:46,693: INFO red= " WebServer - Lost connection on port 50001"

0 Kudos