Can't create a feature service

10-22-2014 06:58 AM
ZahidCheema
New Contributor III

I m trying to add new feature service at https://developers.arcgis.com/en/hosted-data/ but it says that “ title is already taken”. I have tried many different names but problem is not resolving. I need it badly for my project, Please help me as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Something seems wrong with your account. I wonder if you can create a second one and try that. May I ask, are you using an English OS? A different OS? Is your browser IE, Fire Fox? Chrome? Safari?

0 Kudos
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

By the way, this issue may be more appropriate on a different space, like this one:

ArcGIS Online Developers

They may be able to assist you better.

This space is specifically for Java API collaboration.

0 Kudos
ZahidCheema
New Contributor III

Ok I'll try with a new account. My OS is windows 8.1 64bit English.

0 Kudos
ZahidCheema
New Contributor III

Anybody having solution about my problem, Please post.

0 Kudos
PatrickArlt1
Esri Contributor

I've tried to reproduce this quite throughly this morning but I can't get it to happen when it shouldn't.

Can you give me a little more information about your environment?

1. Have you tried this with different browsers? If so which ones?

2. Can you try signing up again on ArcGIS for Developers. Does this work under this new test account?

(https://www.arcgis.com/home/createaccount.html ‌) then you should sign up on the developers site.

3. If you log into Arcgis Online and go to "My Content" do you see anything listed?

0 Kudos
ZahidCheema
New Contributor III

I did’t work. There is nothing in My Content. Now I really hate ArcGIS and going to switch to Google Maps. Good By.

0 Kudos
VijayGandhi
New Contributor III

Zahid,

The account for arcgis.com is different from account for developer.arcgis.com account, and the hosted data service you are trying to use works with a developer.arcgis.com account.

I suggest you create a developers account from Sign In | ArcGIS for Developers  and use that account when creating hosted data.

0 Kudos
ZahidCheema
New Contributor III

I am already trying it on my ArcGIS developer account but still not working. Its use less for me to waste my time on it.

0 Kudos