[XCB] - XInitThreads issue with Runtime Java Linux

02-19-2015 03:34 AM
SachinKanaujia
Occasional Contributor III

We are developing a component which has couple of tabs and JMap is inside one of those tabs. While switching between tabs, the application crashed when click on the tab having JMap with the follow exception on Linux

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing

[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called

[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.

java: xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.

Can you someone confirm that XInitThreads has been called correctly within the ArcGIS Runtime code?

Enviroment Information

OS - RHEL 6.4 Workstation

Graphics Driver - Nvidia

Eric Bader

Vijay Gandhi

Elise Acheson

0 Kudos
3 Replies
EricBader

Sachin, can I assume this is a 64-bit OS?

Does it crash immediately, or does it happen after a series of tab clicks back and forth?

I wrote a simple Swing app with JTabbedPane and 3 tabs. 2 are empty and one with a JMap + a tiled basemap. Java 7, RHEL 6.2 32-bit. This app works fine, clicking the tabs.

Can you provide a bit more info about what is going on in the JMap? What do you have running in the other tabs, or just the one before you hit the JMap tab?

0 Kudos
SachinKanaujia

Yes its a 64bit OS RHEL 6.4 Workstation. It doesn't crash immediately but after a series of tab clicks sometime around 20-30 clicks.

The application is SWT (RCP based) and only JMap Tab has a Swing component. In the JMap we have arcgisonline basemap and we add couple of shapefiles. It happens even without adding shapefiles. There is nothing running in other tabs at the moment. Let me know if I can provide any other details that could be helpful in recreating this problem

0 Kudos
EricBader

This is very good explanation, thank you Sachin.

Are using the SWT-AWT bridge? They do have different threading models, which could be related to the problem. JMap is pure Swing/AWT. Are you using Java 8?

We don't make any explicit calls to XInitThreads or code any interaction with it. We have certainly tested tabbed environments on Linux before and no one has experienced this kind of issue. We have not tested the mix of SWT/AWT in tabbed applications, however.

You could make an official Technical Support call for this, or maybe you have already? That way it could get officially looked at in the system.

Wish I could be of more help here.

0 Kudos