Temp files not cleaned up due to files being locked during shutdown

05-23-2022 02:56 PM
Ezra
by
New Contributor

We have built an application using the RuntimeSDK for Java and JavaFx. We are on version 100.11.2, and are going to try using the latest version of 100.14.0, but ran into some upgrade issues.

We can load offline map data and elevation data in the dt1 file format using a RasterElevationSource added as an elevation source in the Surface object. This Surface object is used as the base surface for an ArcGISScene. During this process, a temp file is created (ex. "cf63-7283-fc97-4adf") that is a SQLite database that includes tables for elevation and GDB items.

The temp file created is not cleaned up during shutdown and a new temp file is created each time we launch. We also extract a temp stylx file and have it marked as deleteOnExit(), but this file is also locked during shutdown and doesn't get auto deleted. This functionality worked in version 100.6.0, but something is now keeping that temp file locked. We are calling dispose() on the SceneView during shutdown if that matters.

Any ideas on how to clean up the temp files? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Erza,

I wanted to let you know that I'm taking a look at what might be happening here.  I'll report back when I've got some more information.

Thanks

Mark

Ezra
by
New Contributor

We have updated to version 100.14.0 and it exhibits the same issue as 100.11.2 with the temp files.

0 Kudos
Ezra
by
New Contributor

Any update on the file locking issue?

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

I can confirm we see it too and this is being actively looked at in the team.  

I'll keep you posted on progress.

Mark

0 Kudos