Support for arcs and curves

Jump to solution
09-24-2015 08:29 AM
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

As far as I know ArcGIS Runtime does not allow to create true-curved geometries. Please add support for creating  circles,  elliptical arc (without GeometryEngine) and Bezier curve geometries for Graphic Layers at least. To me, it is kind of a must for the next runtime release.

Does anybody try to draw a circle using custom sketch tools?

Regards,

Adam

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricBader

Hi Adam.

Yes, we are working on this for the next major release. Thank you for mentioning this!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
EricBader

Hi Adam.

Yes, we are working on this for the next major release. Thank you for mentioning this!

NatalieCassar-Pieper
New Contributor III

Hi Eric,

we do not have to create features with curves, but we need to query such features with ArcGIS Runtime (currently V100.3). 
The features are created with ArcGIS Desktop and shared as runtime content geodatabase 
(without any warnings from GP Tool or Share-as-Runtime wizard). 
The features are visible in ArcGIS Runtime Apps (with simplified geometry), but we cannot query them:  See https://community.esri.com/thread/198075-operation-does-not-support-curves-yet-exception#
I think if we have to wait for the next major release to query features with curves, too?  Correct? 
When is the release scheduled that will solve our needs?

Thanks for your information!

Regards 
Natalie 
JanBorovanský
Esri Contributor

Eric Bader‌ Hi, I would like to continue on this. Since curves are supported in ArcGIS we need to know if support for curve queries will be implemented in runtime sdk or not? We are working on the workflow for creating rutime content so such information would be useful. Thank you in advance, Jan