Error: (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e')) Mac M1

03-08-2022 08:50 AM
YousefAltaher
New Contributor

Dear ESRI community,

Apologies for the question if it was answered, as I am a new to this platform. Can you refer me to the post if this question was answered before.

I am running on Mac M1 chip, and when I followed this tutorial (https://github.com/Esri/java-maven-starter-project), I was not able to to compile exec:java, the last step. I am getting the below message when I tried to do it. Is it possible to direct me on what should I do in order to run the app on my machine?

/Users/..../.arcgis/100.13.0/jniLibs/OSX64/libruntimecore.dylib: dlopen(/Users/..../.arcgis/100.13.0/jniLibs/OSX64/libruntimecore.dylib, 0x0001): tried: '/Users/..../.arcgis/100.13.0/jniLibs/OSX64/libruntimecore.dylib' (mach-o file, but is an incompatible architecture (have 'x86_64', need 'arm64e')), '/usr/lib/libruntimecore.dylib' (no such file)

Best Regards,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColinAnderson1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Hopefully one of my colleagues will be along soon with the exact instructions but I believe currently the solution is you have to install the Intel architecture version of the JDK instead of the M1 version and that should get your apps working.

Colin

ColinAnderson1
Esri Contributor

Our current plan is to fully support M1 at the 100.15.0 release.

Colin

0 Kudos