Eclipse and 10.3

03-05-2015 05:13 AM
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to get going with the SDK for Java and Eclipse.

Installed is ArcGIS 10.3, the DeveloperKit 10.3 for Java and Eclipse Luna.

The Eclipse plugin was installed as well, where I got that the ArcObjects Palette will not be installed because I probably do not have the Visual Editor project installed. That's correct, since the project is discontinued and replaced by the WindowBuilder project (not supported by ESRI). But ArcObjects installed.

My JRE is of version 1.8.0_40 and I have it as 32bit version installed. I am at a Windows machine and added the path of Desktop10.3\bin and jdk1.8.0_40\bin to my system path variable.

Now, if I create a new ArcObjects project in Eclipse, leave all the default settings in the wizard and click finish, then I am facing the following errors:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: AutomationException: 0x80040112 - 
    at com.esri.arcgis.interop.Ocx.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.esri.arcgis.controls.ToolbarControl.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.esri.arcgis.beans.toolbar.ToolbarBean.a(Unknown Source)
    at com.esri.arcgis.beans.toolbar.ToolbarBean.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at BasicViewer.getToolbarBean(BasicViewer.java:146)
    at BasicViewer.getJContentPane(BasicViewer.java:110)
    at BasicViewer.initialize(BasicViewer.java:87)
    at BasicViewer.<init>(BasicViewer.java:77)
    at BasicViewer.main(BasicViewer.java:134)
Caused by: AutomationException: 0x80040112 - 
    ... 9 more

That's something I don't understand. The license I am using is an academic license with quite some extensions licensed as well. I went into my ArcGIS Administrator to see if I have to do something there but there is nothing to do. What am I missing?

Thanks for your help,

Thomas

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Thomas,

Surely this is a matter of your application not finding the correct license level. ArcView level should be sufficient. Can you share your initialization code with us?

Also, this is a great question for the ArcObjects SDK discussion thread. ArcObjects SDK is different SDK from ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java.

Thanks!

0 Kudos