Direct Connection with oracle 19c

02-07-2022 01:38 AM
HammadMuddassir
New Contributor

Hi,

Is there any class similar to IWorkspaceFactory (ArcObjects java) in runtime java sdk. I want to direct connect with oracle19c, I was able to do that in ArcObjects by setting properties in IPropertySet and using IWorkspaceFactory to open the connection. How can I do the same thing using the runtime java sdk? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

@HammadMuddassir this question looks similar to what you were asking a few weeks ago here.  

What you are trying to achieve is possible using the Local Server product, but the method of accessing data is very outdated.  Adding Local Server to your project will also add to the licensing costs of your deployment.  

A much better approach to access your data is to get a Feature Service published for the data in your Oracle DB.  The service will come from ArcGIS Server and will make your application much easier to write.

0 Kudos
HammadMuddassir
New Contributor

Hi. I just want to read data from shape columns (XY coordinates) created by ArcCatalog in oracle database. I don't want to use GUI, I just want an easiest way to achieve this task. I will look into Local Server but if you know any alternative, please let me know. ArcObjects can solve my problem but it doesn't have 64 bit libraries.

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

The easiest approach for accessing the data is to publish a Feature Service in ArcGIS Server and you can access the data using the ArcGISFeatureTable class.  From this you can query to access the geometry and attribute data for the features.

If you can get a feature service published, I'll be happy to write some example code if you need help.

Using Local Server to access the data is an option, but I'd strongly discourage you from using this old technology if possible.

You mention that your app doesn't use a GUI.  Can you tell me a little more about what you are using runtime for?

0 Kudos