Are S-63 Encrypted ENC files supported in ArcGIS Java 100.7.0

08-24-2020 01:51 AM
FuzailSiddiqui
New Contributor III

I've been working on a Java Desktop Application that uses ArcGIS runtime 100.7.0. I have a requirement where i need to give the user options to add ENC charts in S-57 & S-63 formats. I want to know if S-63 encrypted charts are supported in the Java runtime or not ? And if not, can we expect to see the support of these charts in a near future release ?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Fuzial,

At the moment for the Java SDK we only support the non-encrypted S57 format ENC data.  We are certainly planning this in a future release.

If you need something today, I can confirm that we do support S63 on the .Net platform so if you could bring yourself to writing a WPF app for example you'd be able to read the data.

I'd be very interested to hear more about your Java requirement so this can be prioritised if needed.

Thanks

Mark

FuzailSiddiqui
New Contributor III

Hi Mark,

Please do include it in your roadmap. Our Requirement is simple enough. We'd like our Map based Application to support the decryption of S-63 charts without the need to implement the decryption process ourselves. We are prototyping a system based on ECDIS and for it be a true ECDIS system, it should be capable of supporting the display of ENC Charts whether encrypted or not. We are using Java in the development process and would really like to see this capability in the Java SDK very soon. 

We hope Esri considers prioritizing it in their plan.

Thanks.

MuhammadWaqasse
New Contributor

Hi mark i want to know how to read s67 ENC in .net platform? . i loaded successfully s57.

0 Kudos