ArcGISRuntime10.2 LocalServer64 wine64: Permission denied

Jump to solution
12-17-2013 06:59 AM
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out why my app stopped working with the latest Runtime when deployed. It worked when deployed using Runtime SDK 10.1.1. It runs fine on eclipse with Runtime 10.2 installed, but not on a test box with identical OS/Hardware.

[user@SAF-4 build]$ sudo java -jar app.jar
[sudo] password for user:
Java version : 1.7.0_04 (Oracle Corporation) amd64
Rendering engine : OpenGL
Starting server
OS Name: Linux
/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher
appPid=3316
onLinux
AppStateDir=Z:/home/user/Desktop/build/map
DataDir=/home/user/Desktop/build/map/cache
/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin
/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 77: /home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/wine/bin/wine64: Permission denied

As you notice by the first two lines, the user's folder does have permissions to all its folder, subfolders and content. The deployment folder contains all of the components available. My app loads local map services from mpk's and they all log initialize just fine via events, and local server logs in as initialized. Log entries do not occur when the app deployed. I don't know what else could be preventing wine from executing, and I wonder if it has something to do with what I observe on eclipse's console which goes for a little while when it runs there:

Message : Server listening on : http://127.0.0.1:50000/8rNPHp/arcgis/rest
GLX version 1.4
Type = MGRS
Frame_buffer_OGL::init_ FAILED to create_ FramebufferName
... ... ... ... ... ...

Thanks in advanced.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Update (Lessons learned): It turns out that RHELS 6.3 has some issues dealing with symbolic links created by wine in that, once a build is made containing a fresh deployment folder, it should not be executed/tested until deployed/placed at the expected location on the test/production box. If I want to test the build before posting it as a release, I must first manually delete it and create another one for posting once I'm satisfied with it. and Otherwise, the created symbolic links by the local server's wine will not be copied/moved/deleted programmatically or via an ant script because the script will fail.

I have yet to figure out what's causing the "Frame_buffer_OGL::init_ FAILED to create_ FramebufferName" prints on both eclipse's console or Linux terminal, but at least it's not causing the app to fail to execute.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Update: I thought I'd try giving executing permissions to the wine64 located at "ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/wine/bin/" as below:
[user@SAF-4 bin]$ chmod a+x wine64

and tried running the app again. I got different results:

[user@SAF-4 build]$ java -jar app.jar
Java version : 1.7.0_04 (Oracle Corporation) amd64
Rendering engine : OpenGL
Starting server
appPid=4171
onLinux
AppStateDir=Z:/home/user/Desktop/build/map
DataDir=/home/cctt1/Desktop/build-carlos-test/staticResources/map/cache
/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin
mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/etc/.wine/drive_c/users/user': Permission denied
/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 50: cd: /home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/etc/.wine/drive_c/users/cctt1: No such file or directory
mkdir: cannot create directory `/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/etc/.wine/drive_c/users/cctt1': Permission denied
/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 64: cd: /home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/etc/.wine/drive_c/users/cctt1/Local AppData: No such file or directory
/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 77: /home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/wine/bin/wine64: Permission denied

Something tells me that the runtime local server is unable to create these wine files. help?
0 Kudos
VijayGandhi
New Contributor III
Hi Carlos,

Looks like a permission issue with "user". As user "user", do you have access to create a directory under "/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/etc/.wine/drive_c/users"?

Regarding the FrameBuffer messages when running from Eclipse, I guess the ArcGIS Runtime plugin was not uninstalled and re-installed from 10.2.

Vijay
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Looks like a permission issue with "user". As user "user", do you have access to create a directory under "/home/user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/etc/.wine/drive_c/users"?

Of course! Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to use the chmod command on a directory or run the app as root per my post. A better question would be whether the runtime local server can acquire permissions for wine to execute (I can't answer that).

Nonetheless, I tried it and received yet a different result:

Starting server
appPid=4333
onLinux
AppStateDir=Z:/home//user/Desktop/build/map
DataDir=/home//user/Desktop/build/map/cache
/home//user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin
wine64: error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Radio Id
Enterprise Wide Identifier

So, I did a search on " libwine.so.1" and got the following on my test box:

[cctt1@SAF-4 bin]$ locate libwine.so.1
/home//user/Desktop/build/ArcGISRuntime10.2/LocalServer64/bin/wine/lib64/libwine.so.1.0
/home/user/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.1.1/ArcGISRuntime10.1.1/LocalServerLx/bin/wine/lib64/libwine.so.1
/home/user/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.1.1/ArcGISRuntime10.1.1/LocalServerLx/bin/wine/lib64/libwine.so.1.0

So, are these two files suppose to be there on the deployment folder (as like 10.1.1 folder) or is one suppose to be created by the other and it somehow got squashed?

Regarding the FrameBuffer messages when running from Eclipse, I guess the ArcGIS Runtime plugin was not uninstalled and re-installed from 10.2.

I'm not sure if I follow. I installed the eclipse plugin on another eclipse which does not contain the 10.1.1 plugin. I do have both versions installed on the same box, but the eclipse plugins are on separate eclipse deployments. According to others, it might have something to do with my app being pure Swing, which again was never a problem, but I'm waiting for someone to respond to the referred thread.
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Update (Lessons learned): It turns out that RHELS 6.3 has some issues dealing with symbolic links created by wine in that, once a build is made containing a fresh deployment folder, it should not be executed/tested until deployed/placed at the expected location on the test/production box. If I want to test the build before posting it as a release, I must first manually delete it and create another one for posting once I'm satisfied with it. and Otherwise, the created symbolic links by the local server's wine will not be copied/moved/deleted programmatically or via an ant script because the script will fail.

I have yet to figure out what's causing the "Frame_buffer_OGL::init_ FAILED to create_ FramebufferName" prints on both eclipse's console or Linux terminal, but at least it's not causing the app to fail to execute.
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado

Based on this post, I have resolved the referenced issue. I think the findings of dealing with symbolic links created by wine in Linux should be documented for reference.
0 Kudos
RavindraSingh
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

How did you resolve this issue? I am also getting the same issue.

When i launch my application from eclipse sandbox. it give the same problem.

-----------------------------------

Starting server

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher

appPid=2478

onLinux

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 3: basename: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 4: dirname: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 13: basename: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 35: tar: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 36: rm: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 46: mkdir: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 50: cd: //etc/.wine/drive_c/users/rdx1417: No such file or directory

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 51: ln: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 62: mkdir: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 64: cd: //etc/.wine/drive_c/users/rdx1417/Local AppData: No such file or directory

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 65: ln: command not found

/home/dsgislnx16.rdx.lgc.com/rdx1417/arcgis/runtime_sdk/java10.2.3/ArcGISRuntime10.2.3/LocalServer64/bin/runtimeLauncher: line 77: wine: command not found

----------------------------------

0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Another lessons learned: NEVER use a deployment folder to run an application for debugging in eclipse which is on a project in a Git repository. Instead, write code that checks if the SDK is installed and, if so, use that installed SDK. I've found that Git also has massive issues tracking symbolic links that wine creates on a deployment folder in Linux, to the point of rendering eclipse unresponsive and forcing workspace closing due to exceeding heap space.
0 Kudos