Advanced Symbology APP 6B Line and Area Problem

Jump to solution
06-07-2013 03:29 PM
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
Greetings,

I thought I'd post this question here about the App6B types of symbols from the symbol dictionary in  ArcGIS Runtime SDK 10.1.1 for WPF. The anomaly occurs in Java as well.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Thanks, Mark.

While you're at it, if you don't mind, could you check why the app6b dictionary symbols also implement the operational condition indicators similarly to the 2525c dictionary? 2525b symbols do not use such indicators because they were not implemented. Current military field systems that use 2525B symbols have the ability to change the fill color of symbols to indicate whether they're operational or fully capable (with no color change to its original), damaged (background filled with red) or destroyed (background filled with black). The color pattern also changed in 2525C to represent the bars to green, yellow and red, respectively.

Perhaps, some day the secrets of the dictionary may be revealed as to how customers can customize them based on their needs. Let me know when the next advanced course on ArcGIS Runtime SDK is that covers that; I'll be the first to register for it, followed by my team.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
I would certainly expect WPF to behave the same as Java for App6B as both APIs share the same Symbol Dictionary and under the covers it executes the same C++ code. 

I'll try to find out why this is happening.

Mark
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Thanks, Mark.

While you're at it, if you don't mind, could you check why the app6b dictionary symbols also implement the operational condition indicators similarly to the 2525c dictionary? 2525b symbols do not use such indicators because they were not implemented. Current military field systems that use 2525B symbols have the ability to change the fill color of symbols to indicate whether they're operational or fully capable (with no color change to its original), damaged (background filled with red) or destroyed (background filled with black). The color pattern also changed in 2525C to represent the bars to green, yellow and red, respectively.

Perhaps, some day the secrets of the dictionary may be revealed as to how customers can customize them based on their needs. Let me know when the next advanced course on ArcGIS Runtime SDK is that covers that; I'll be the first to register for it, followed by my team.
0 Kudos