Offline editing Symbology and Attachments

Jump to solution
08-04-2015 12:14 AM
ThavitinaiduGulivindala
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I am new to iOS development. I have few queries

1. We are planning to develop an app with OFFLINE editing capabilities. From online help, i understood that we should generate geodatabase from the sync enabled feature service.

What is symbology used by the app while rendering the data in client device. Would the symbology be same as that of the map service or randomly draws some symbology (the way it does when we load feature class in ArcMap)?

2. User would like to load the images into the app. Can we store images from iOS device into the one of the fileds of the feature service layer? I read about attachments; it may serve the purpose partially as the attachments will be not synced if the app is closed before sync operation. (read from online help).

Thanks for your suggestions in advance

Thanks,

Thaviti Naidu G.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SuganyaBaskaran1
Esri Contributor

Thaviti,

To answer your questions,

1. The symbology would be the same as your service

2. Attachments are the best way to go if your app requires saving images associated with features.

attachments will be not synced if the app is closed before sync operation. (read from online help).

Changes are stored in a local geo database until you call sync. Both feature and attachment edits are synced when you sync your local geodatabase. This section highlights how you can sync changes to/from server.

Suganya

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SuganyaBaskaran1
Esri Contributor

Thaviti,

To answer your questions,

1. The symbology would be the same as your service

2. Attachments are the best way to go if your app requires saving images associated with features.

attachments will be not synced if the app is closed before sync operation. (read from online help).

Changes are stored in a local geo database until you call sync. Both feature and attachment edits are synced when you sync your local geodatabase. This section highlights how you can sync changes to/from server.

Suganya

ThavitinaiduGulivindala
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Suganya for the prompt clarification.

Probably, the section I read about would be on online editing with attachments.

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos