New feature service layers (w Branch versioning) don't allow clients to apply edits

12-17-2019 09:36 AM
CoryDavis
New Contributor III

I recently republished the feature services hosted on ArcGIS server and a permission issue appears to be denying clients from doing any operation which alters the data. This didn't happen with the previous set of services, so I'm assuming I didn't configure the permissions correctly during publishing.

This error is logged in Server Manager after attempting a data-modifying operation: "Operation only allowed by the owner of the version [DEFAULT]" Here is the error output in the console of the client app:

This is what I see when I select the layer, then go to Edit > Status.

"This table is registered as versioned with a different model than the connected version. Edits cannot be made."

I suspect this has something to do with the branch versioning being enabled. Is there something I do in ArcGIS Pro to modify the layer so clients can edit the data? Let me know what other info would be helpful to solving this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GaryMacDougall
Esri Contributor

Hi

in this case is the default branch set to protected?  if so, then regular users will not be able to edit. if it is protected and you are OK with regular users editing the default version you can set it to public.

thanks

Gary

0 Kudos