Implement the ability tap on a marker

Jump to solution
06-30-2020 10:09 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I implement a feature like this where the user taps on a marker on the map and it triggers UI logic like showing a view or doing something else. I'm aware of the didTapAtScreenPoint delegate function but how do I know for sure the marker was tapped?

picture of google maps tapping marker feature

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

We have plenty of samples that demonstrate this functionality. Basically, you need to perform an "identify" in the delegate function to determine if the tap location falls on any graphics or features.

Here's a basic sample that shows how to do this - arcgis-runtime-samples-ios/README.md at 9aa1d46969175aec6607bbe6914e97bc63ea1569 · Esri/arcgis-runti... 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

We have plenty of samples that demonstrate this functionality. Basically, you need to perform an "identify" in the delegate function to determine if the tap location falls on any graphics or features.

Here's a basic sample that shows how to do this - arcgis-runtime-samples-ios/README.md at 9aa1d46969175aec6607bbe6914e97bc63ea1569 · Esri/arcgis-runti... 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks! I was able to implement the functionality! I was wondering though, how efficient are the identify grahpicOverlays and identify layers function at searching for the feature that is at the tapped point? Is it a straight forward linear search or is there something else going on?

0 Kudos