Identify

11-21-2011 08:19 AM
CarlosIsaac_Cabrera
Occasional Contributor II
Hello All,

I am just seeking to get some general questions answered.  First of all I am using arcgis explorer online to configure my app and I have enabled pop ups.  I was wondering if there is a way to either have the previous type of identify capability in the new ArcGIS for IOS app or if I can somehow change the default nature of identify to correspond to a feature / feature layer.  I'm trying to avoid having to create a custom application if I don't have to.  Any and all help is much appreciated.

Example:  I want to identify a parcel and the default thing returned is the default Location pop-up:

SEE ATTACHED IMAGE.

I would like to have the pop up for parcel information to come up instead. Is this possible using arcgis explorer online / the default configuration?  In the video demo online its shows the ability to identify with a button in the ios app but the latest version does not have said button.  Either I have not enabled it or this has changed.

I'll also create a ticket for this so I can get help from the horses mouth :).
0 Kudos
12 Replies
CarlosIsaac_Cabrera
Sorry, forgot to attach the image.
0 Kudos
AliciaSoto
Occasional Contributor
I was in the same boat as you until the kind people here on the forums helped me out.

Check out my post here http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/42283-iOS-app-Editing-JSON?p=147560#post147560
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
If you tap on the default location popup you will open up a custom popup with the parcel information. The white arrow is a disclosure button and will appear when there are popups available where the pin has been dropped.

Hope this helps
Russ
0 Kudos
CarlosIsaac_Cabrera
If you tap on the default location popup you will open up a custom popup with the parcel information. The white arrow is a disclosure button and will appear when there are popups available where the pin has been dropped.

Hope this helps
Russ

Russ,

I figured this part out.  I want to avoid users having another step.  I want to be able to set the default pop up to the information of my choosing.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
To get that functionality to open the popup directly on the tap of a feature will require custom development. On the iPad version however the popup will open directly when you tap on the feature.

Russ
0 Kudos
CarlosIsaac_Cabrera
To get that functionality to open the popup directly on the tap of a feature will require custom development. On the iPad version however the popup will open directly when you tap on the feature.

Russ

That is good news.  We do have IPads to test with.  I guess I might have to create an app.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Not a problem.
Cheers
Russ
0 Kudos
CarlosIsaac_Cabrera
Did ESRI take the identify ability out of the new version of the default IOS app?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HrX03Q8FElo#t=150s
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
To identify a feature you need to enable pop-ups on your web..or if you are using your mobile content server you will need to write your popup-infos into the JSON. You cannot identify a feature without popups being enabled.

Russ
0 Kudos