Error Deploying Sample to Device using Build and Run

04-20-2010 06:10 PM
JimTochterman
New Contributor
I am running into a problem using the samples in the SDK.  In using the 3 samples that are included in the SDK, the "query" demo can be run in the simulator with no problem and can be deployed to a device using the "Build and Go" option with no problem.  However, the other 2 samples that have a map control will only run in the simulator.  If you atttempt to run the "build and go" to the device you get the following error:

"___save_vfp_d8_d15_regs", referenced from:

"___restore_vfp_d8_d15_regs", referenced from:

Here are the SDK's I have installed:

On Mac (Snow Leopard 10.6.3):

MacOSX10.5.sdk
MacOSX10.6.sdk
iPhoneOS3.0.sdk
iPhoneOS3.1.2.sdk
iPhoneOS3.1.3.sdk
iPhoneOS3.1.sdk
iPhoneOS3.2.sdk
iPhoneOS4.0.sdk

On Device (2 Devices):

-          4.0 Beta 1

I have also attached a screen cap of the errors.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

thanks,
Jim
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimTochterman
New Contributor
Is anyone else having this issue?  Development team listening?
0 Kudos
JimTochterman
New Contributor
Okay.  Finally found the problem.  Unfortunately not much on Google regarding this linker error, but the issue is caused by the Arm v7 architecture being active.  What you need to do to get around this error is the following:

1) In Xcode, go to Project -> Edit Active Target
2) Enable the check box for "Build Active Architecture Only."  This way it will only build what is selected in the platform drop down box in your code screen.

The problem is that if you have the iPhone 4.0 SDK installed on your machine the Valid Architectures setting defaults to armv6 and armv7 and when you try to build to the device with these settings it fails on the armv7 linker portion of the build and generates the error that I previously posted. 

I have attached a screenshot of my settings that solved the problem.  Hopefully this saves someone else the heartburn I have been having.
0 Kudos
GeorgeVernardos
New Contributor III
We do have the same problem. Just Iphone OS 3.2 installed.

The "Build Active Architecture Only." did not solve our problem.

Anyone has a solution?
0 Kudos