Downgrade from 10.1 to 2.3.2

07-22-2013 10:20 AM
DavidMorrison1
New Contributor
Hi guys,

I was encountering the same file size issue on tpk files larger than 2GB so i decided to revert back to 2.3.2 for now. During the downgrade, i have changed a lot from my code to cater the downgrade since some of the functions that i used are only available in 10.1. After all of the code issues are resolve, I am now encountering another set of issues which are all "Apple Mach-O linker Error".

These are my current build settings:

Other Linker Flags : -ObjC -all_load -framework ArcGIS

Framework Search Paths : /Library/SDKs/ArcGIS
Header Search Paths : /Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/ArcGIS.framework/Headers
Library Search Paths : /Library/SDKs/ArcGIS.framework/Versions/Current

this is the base error that i got whenever i try to run my app:

"std::basic_ios<char, std::char_traits<char> >::clear(std::_Ios_Iostate)", referenced from:
      esriGeometryX::MultiPathImpl::SaveToTextFileDbg(char const*) in ArcGIS(MultiPathImpl.o)
      esriGeometryX::MultiPathImpl::LoadFromTextFileDbg(char const*) in ArcGIS(MultiPathImpl.o)
      esriGeometryX::OperatorFactoryLocal::SaveJSONToTextFileDbg(char const*, esriGeometryX::Geometry*, esriGeometryX::SpatialReference*) in ArcGIS(OperatorFactoryLocal.o)
      esriGeometryX::OperatorFactoryLocal::SaveShapeToBinaryFileDbg(char const*, esriGeometryX::Geometry*) in ArcGIS(OperatorFactoryLocal.o)
      esriGeometryX::OperatorFactoryLocal::LoadShapeFromBinaryFileDbg(char const*) in ArcGIS(OperatorFactoryLocal.o)
  "std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert<char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, char const*, int)", referenced from:
      esriGeometryX::MultiPathImpl::SaveToTextFileDbg(char const*) in ArcGIS(MultiPathImpl.o)
      esriGeometryX::OperatorFactoryLocal::SaveJSONToTextFileDbg(char const*, esriGeometryX::Geometry*, esriGeometryX::SpatialReference*) in ArcGIS(OperatorFactoryLocal.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Noah-Sager
Esri Regular Contributor
Are you still having issues with this?

We recently rolled out an update to version 10.1.1 of the iOS SDK that works with .tpk files larger than 2GB.

I haven't seen an error message like this "Apple Mach-O linker Error" before, but there is a discussion here that you may find relevant.
0 Kudos
BillNalen
New Contributor
Did you link the libstdc++ framework?
0 Kudos
josefkinseher
New Contributor
Hey,
I just ran into the same problem when compiling my app for iOS7.  Does there already exist a solution for it?
Thanks you for your help.
0 Kudos