does runtime 100.1 for iOS have a layer limit?

09-06-2017 09:08 AM
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

We have offline geodatabase files created, and they appear differently in the windows and iOS versions of our app.  In windows, all layers appear normally, but in iOS (in some cases) not all point features draw.  In other cases, the point features draw fine.  These are two configurations of the same app, so the code is identical.  Both configurations contain large geodatabase files (~1GB to ~2.5GB), but the size of the file does not seem to matter.  The one we're having problems with is 2.4GB and one that loads correctly is 2.5GB.  One thing I have noticed however is that the one with problems has 74 feature classes and tables, while the others that work correctly have 37, 22, and 49 (split into three separate files, all of which display properly even if made visible at the same time).  In windows, the exact same geodatabase files display correctly.  I would also note that it is not ALL points that don't display in iOS - I have found a couple that do display, although I don't see any rhyme or reason in that they are in the middle of the drawing order, etc.. 

Is there a limit to the number of tables/features that will display correctly in the iOS version of the runtime that is different from what happens with the windows runtime?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Moved to the iOS forum for better visibility.

0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

Mikkel, What version of the iOS and .NET runtimes are you using? 

When you say - "not all point features draw", do you mean within a layer you see some areas not drawing, i.e a layer draws partially? Or do you mean that some layers do not draw at all?

Also, re: "One thing I have noticed however is that the one with problems has 74 feature classes and tables"

So does this mean you are adding about 74 layers to the map to display all these feature classes? 

If you are willing to share your data, we can debug it and see where the problem might be.

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your reply Divesh.

We are using runtime 100.1 and the iOS device running the app is 10.3.2

I see some point layers drawing, and I think they are complete when the do draw, although I have not verified that.  Many of the point layers do not draw at all though, which is the main thing that we are seeing. 

Yes, there are 74 layers (features and some standalone tables) in the ArcGIS Pro APRX project that generates the geodatabase file.  They all are in the geodatabase, and can be queried, but do not render.  The same file downloaded to a windows version of the app displays correctly.  

I'd be happy to send you a file to assist with debugging, but as it is a large file I would need to send it to you directly, probably via FTP.  Can you provide a place for me to get it to you outside of the forum?  

Thanks,

Mikkel

0 Kudos