Configure arcgis api for iOS on existing wikitude sample

02-08-2013 12:57 AM
tarekhajar
New Contributor
hello,
Im trying to integrate arcgis with augmented reality, so i used an existing sample from the wikitude and tried to add the ArcGIS api.
I followed the same insructions provided by esri but im facing the problem below:
     when I add all_load to the other Linker flags im getting a linker error since it will load duplicate files from the   wikitude sdk so what i need is a way to use force_load to load the ArcGIS

please advice
thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you copy-paste the linker error description?

If you want to use force_load for ArcGIS, you should add this to the linker flag
 -force_load $HOME/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/Versions/Current/libArcGIS.a
0 Kudos
tarekhajar
New Contributor
attached are the linker flags
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21670[/ATTACH]
and the linker errors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]21671[/ATTACH]

Regarding the "-force_load $HOME/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/Versions/Current/libArcGIS.a" it cannot be applied since im using
the ArcGIS API 10.1.1 and there is no file named libArcGIS.a, so can you please give me an alternative for this.

thanks again.
0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
That's fine. There doesn't need to be a file named libArcGIS.a
The lib prefix and the .a suffix are implied for a static library.
On disk you will find a static library called ArcGIS. If you need to refer to it, you need to use libArcGIS.a

(Disclaimer - I haven't tried this myself so I'm not 100% confident it'll work, but I have a feeling it might)
0 Kudos
tarekhajar
New Contributor
Based on your advice i've tried the force_load as follow :

-force_load $HOME/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/ArcGIS.framework/Versions/Current/ArcGIS

but it seems that it didnt work since when im using anything from the ArcGIS library ex AGSPoint the application crashes
and the xcode will be closed and shows an error. and this is beacuse im using a library typr without being loaded.

so i think that this is not working properly and there is still missing some configuration we need to add and i will be really thankfull if you help me accomplish this.

thanks you
0 Kudos
tarekhajar
New Contributor
Based on your advice i've tried the force_load as follow :

-force_load $HOME/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/ArcGIS.framework/Versions/Current/ArcGIS

but it seems that it didnt work since when im using anything from the ArcGIS library ex AGSPoint the application crashes
and the xcode will be closed and shows an error. and this is beacuse im using a library typr without being loaded.

so i think that this is not working properly and there is still missing some configuration we need to add and i will be really thankfull if you help me accomplish this.

thanks you
0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you try -force_load $HOME/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/Versions/Current/libArcGIS.a
0 Kudos
tarekhajar
New Contributor
I've tried

and

-force_load $HOME/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/ArcGIS.framework/Versions/Current/libArcGIS.a

both didnt work.

anyways if you found any work around for this please update.

thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
HumzaAkhtar
Occasional Contributor II
I've tried

and

-force_load $HOME/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/ArcGIS.framework/Versions/Current/libArcGIS.a

both didnt work.

anyways if you found any work around for this please update.

thanks 🙂

Hi, In your screenshot you wrote "AcGIS". Can you retype it to ArcGIS and then remove -all_load and check please?

Regards
Humza
0 Kudos