ArcGIS.h not found

01-18-2011 12:39 PM
RobertMartin2
Occasional Contributor II
Hi all,

I'm trying to build a simple map view from scratch in XCode, but for some reason it can't find the ArcGIS library. This is what I have in my view controller header:

#import "ArcGIS.h"

I've linked to linkArcGIS.a in depedencies, and set the library search path to
$(HOME)/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS.sdk/usr/local/lib
. When I compare my project to one of the Esri templates, the only discernible difference is that libArcGIS.a appears red in the hierarchy, while on mine it is black. Can anyone think of a reason this would still be happening?

Many thanks,
Robert
0 Kudos
4 Replies
BrianKrzys
New Contributor III
I've just had this same problem, make sure "User Header Search Paths" in particular is set per the notes at the link below that are good and correct.  I would also try saving the project, then stopping and restarting Xcode.  The "" brackets in the include statement are for user defined headers thus the search path distinction.

Brian.

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/iPhone/concepts/index.html#/Creating_a_New_Xcode_Pr...
0 Kudos
RyanBoudreaux
New Contributor II
I new to iOS and ArcGIS for iOS.  I'm following the "Getting Started" info for 'MyFirstMapApp", and I'm having a problem with the "ArcGIS.h".  I'm getting the "Cannot find file" error.  I followed the above link and the steps provided.  I may be overlooking something.  Can someone please help?  Thanks.
0 Kudos
RyanBoudreaux
New Contributor II
I figured it out!  The path was incorrect (in my case).  In stead of it being "$(HOME)/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS.sdk/usr/local/include/**", I need to use "/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS.sdk/usr/local/include/**", which uses the LOCAL Library.  It looks like two different libraries.
0 Kudos
MichaelBlom
New Contributor III
For me, i finally got it to work when i removed the /** part from the path to search... very frustrating.
0 Kudos