ArcGIS Classes not showing up (ie AGSMapView)

Jump to solution
06-19-2012 02:14 PM
JeffGiesler
Occasional Contributor
Hello Everyone,
I am completely new at IOS development so I apologize if this is a little basic.  I am currently trying to build a simple app just to get familiar with the runtime.  I follow the configuring xcode steps to the letter but my ArcGIS.bundle doesn't seem to load correctly.  When open the project it looks like a folder piece of paper where it (I assume) should look red.  If I open a sample project everything is fine but if I remove the bundle and try to reload I get the same problem.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffGiesler
Occasional Contributor
Rick,
Again thanks for your help I have changed the header path.  I actually figured out what my problem was late alst night.  I hadn't put the import <ArcGIS/ArcGIS.h> in the correct place.  It fixed being able to see the ArcGIS classes.  I still don't know why they don't look the same but as long as the functionality is there I don't care.  Again thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.
Cheers,
Jeff

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RickJones
Occasional Contributor II
In the  Finder, click Go.
Click Library. If Library is hidden, hold the Option key.
Navigate to SDKs->ArcGIS->ArcGIS.Framework->Versions->Current->Resources
Add that ArcGIS.bundle to the project.

You may need to change the Xcode settings to use the Current->headers folder there.
0 Kudos
JeffGiesler
Occasional Contributor
Rick,
I did the first part as you suggested. I had done so while creating the project but figured I would try again anyway. Nothing has changed. I am not sure how to change the headers as you point out in the second part. I have attached screen shots of what the bundles look like in both the sample and my project. For some reason it looks like my project is treating the bundle as a folder while the sample is not. I have no clue what is going on.
Cheers,
Jeff
0 Kudos
RickJones
Occasional Contributor II
To change the headers setting,

In Build Settings, User Header Search Paths:
${HOME}/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/ArcGIS.Framework/Versions/Current/Headers

I'm not sure why your bundle isn't expanding.
You could try copying the bundle to your project folder, and including it to test.
0 Kudos
JeffGiesler
Occasional Contributor
Rick,
Again thanks for your help I have changed the header path.  I actually figured out what my problem was late alst night.  I hadn't put the import <ArcGIS/ArcGIS.h> in the correct place.  It fixed being able to see the ArcGIS classes.  I still don't know why they don't look the same but as long as the functionality is there I don't care.  Again thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.
Cheers,
Jeff
0 Kudos