App Licensing

11-12-2018 10:24 AM
g3oapp
by
New Contributor II

Hi there!

I've been thinking about developing a simple mobile app with some maps. I've read the "License your app" page and it looks like the Basic license level is enough for my app, so I guess I should have no costs on this side.

The content would be in ArcGIS Online (some feature layers), shared as public but, can I use a Public Account even if I include ads in my app? What if I use a freemium business model?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!

You should look at the License your app—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers  topic for 100.4. This is the current version. It's possible that your app would fall into the LITE deployment license category.

If I understand the question correctly, it sounds like you would like to build a custom app and deploy it commercially (charge $$ for the app), using Ads. Yes?

You can do this if you've purchased one of the ArcGIS Online Deployment Plans, starting at $20/mo. See ArcGIS Online Deployment Plans | ArcGIS for Developers for details. I hope I understood your question correctly. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
g3oapp
by
New Contributor II

Thanks Eric Bader, much more clear with that page.

And yes... I'm thinking about building a custom app and deploy it on both markets. Then I'll see if it makes sense to include ads or in-app purchases.