AGSPopupsContanerViewController Attachment Editor

05-02-2016 02:14 PM
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III

Is there a way to bypass the attribute editing workflow and directly go to Attachment Editing section of AGSPopupsContainerViewController. Basically when user taps the feature on the map, it directly open up popup in attachment editing mode and close from there. Is there a easy implementation with existing AGSPopupsContainerViewController, or the only way possible to write custom View Controller for this?

13 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

Hmmm, that's an interesting use case. I'm not certain that this will work - but mabye you can modify the popupinfo you use to not contain any fieldsInfos. That way when you display it, it will not list any fields. Furthermore, after displaying the viewcontroller, you can call startEditingCurrentPopup() on it as soon as the VC is displayed away to put it into editing mode - that way users will only able to edit attachments.

0 Kudos
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply divesh. I thought about this workaround as well, but our users didn't find this approach the best. Its going to be a 4 step process on going to attachments view and then coming back to close the popup. Further with no fields in the field editor tableview, it might become confusion as well. In my app some layers require attribute editing, but for some layers, inspectors just want to take picture attachments (because attribute editing for these layers is handled with different custom view controller).

I finally ended up creating custom ViewController for attachment editing as well.

0 Kudos
ozcandurak
New Contributor III

I m new to iOS and trying to develop an application and have the same issue as yours and I couldn't achieve to create a custom view controller. If possible can you share your code on GitHub or send as zip. That would be a really life saver for me.

​Regards

0 Kudos
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III

I just need to make few changes in my code and I will send you the code asap.

ozcandurak
New Contributor III

Great news, will be waiting thank you.

0 Kudos
ozcandurak
New Contributor III

Hi Vikrant,

i m still waiting, unfortunately i cannot move ahead to finish my project.

Regards.

0 Kudos
ozcandurak
New Contributor III

Hi Vikrant,

I m really stuck, i really counted on your words. Please share your code as possible as soon. Or i will not be able to finish my work. thank you.

Regards

Ozcan

0 Kudos
ozcandurak
New Contributor III

VIKRANT KRISHNA​ sorry for bothering but if you not gonna share it at least please say. still waiting.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III

HI OZCAN,

Real apologies for super delayed reply. I had been away for a different project and didn't got a chance to follow this thread. Can you please send me you email address, I will send you the code for that. Or you can email me at vikrant327@gmail.com

Apologies again

0 Kudos