AGSLocalTiledLayer Problem

07-22-2013 02:11 AM
MuzammilAK
New Contributor
I have created .tpk and put it in iPad Application Documents folder and trying to use as AGSLocalTiledLayer in a simple iPad application. I am facing below problem.
Note: This has been observed while running in the simulator iPad 5.1

XCode: 4.3.3
Simulator: iPad 5.1

.tpk loads as AGSLocalTiledLayer without any problem, if the .tpk has been generated with 15 levels out of 20. i.e. (less than 20MB).

But if i generate tiles for all levels and create .tpk, with a size of 15 GB, the AGSLocalTiledLayer does not show up. The mapview is shown in grey color.

I have to use offline data with large size (15GB). Please throw some pointers on how to deploy large files.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III
This is a bug with the 10.1 series SDK - can't use tile caches larger than 2GB:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/85507-Large-tile-packages-not-displaying-in-latest-SDK

I'm still waiting to hear what the fix will be from ESRI - for now... if you absolutely must use large tile caches you should probably revert to the 2.3 SDK.

Otherwise you might have to create a series of smaller tile caches and rig up some code to swap them out based on the map extent.

Sorry there isn't better news - I am eagerly awaiting a fix for this!  Hopefully ESRI pushes out a fix for the 10.1.1 SDK and doesn't just hold off until 10.2 is released.

-Mike
0 Kudos
MuzammilAK
New Contributor
Please let me know how do I revert back to sdk version 2.3.2. How can I uninstall Arcgis runtime sdk 10.1.1

I tried to delete the folders under /Library/SDKs , and installed 2.3.2. Still the projects try to reference $(HOME)/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/iOS/ArcGIS.framework/Versions/Current/Resources/ArcGIS.bundle (which is applicable to 10.1.1 sdk) and throwing the build error.

I tried to set the Framework Search Path to $(HOME)/Library/SDKs/ArcGIS/**. But no luck.

Am I missing anything here. Please advise.
0 Kudos
NimeshJarecha
Esri Regular Contributor
Yes, TPKs greater than 2GB is not working with current SDK. It's a bug and will be fixed in next version of the SDK release.

Muzammil - In order to fix the issue, you should remove ArcGIS.bundle attached in your project and re-add.

Regards,
Nimesh
0 Kudos
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
We've removed the 2GB size limit for tile packages at 10.1.1 Update 2.
It is available for download now.
0 Kudos