UITableView in Popover Won't Scroll When Over AGSMapView

06-14-2013 10:44 AM
SethFriedman
New Contributor II
I have a subclass of UITableViewController that I'm presenting in a popover; the base view of the main view controller being displayed is an AGSMapView. When the popover is presented, there is no ability to select a cell, and scrolling is extremely limited. When I remove the AGSMapView from the root view controller and just display a blank UIView, the table view in the popover works perfectly.

Could this be a bug in the AGSMapView implementation, and if so, how do I go about reporting it?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RickJones
Occasional Contributor II
It might just be a delegate issue.

I have popups over my map view with TableView scrolling.

Edit: are you using segue in storyboard?
0 Kudos
SethFriedman
New Contributor II
I don't think it's a delegate issue. As soon as the AGSMapView is changed to a blank UIView, the UITableView works perfectly.

Yes, I'm using a segue in a storyboard. I boiled the app down to its core components to demonstrate the issue. I'd be happy to send that sample app to you if you like.
0 Kudos
SethFriedman
New Contributor II
I've contacted Esri support about this issue and am currently waiting to hear back.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Seth,

We think we have a solution for you.  Inside your method cellForRowAtIndexPath we think you need to remove "forIndexPath:indexPath" which is the second part of dequeueReusableCellWithIdentifier.  If you get rid of it, we were able to see the popover with checkboxes clearly in our test application.

Artemis will connect with you regarding details.

Regards,

Doug Carroll, ESRI Support Services SDK Team
http://support.esri.com/
0 Kudos
SethFriedman
New Contributor II
Hi Doug,

This actually does not fix this issue. In fact, when adding current location via `[self.mapView.locationDisplay startDataSource]`, it actually makes the issue much more reliable to reproduce. I'll reach out to Artemis with further details.

Thanks,
Seth
0 Kudos
RickJones
Occasional Contributor II
To my frustration, this is now affecting my app.

Both UIPickerview and UITableView are affected.

In the iPhone version, I use "push" segue and the list view works fine.

Also, the simulators work fine. Doesn't slow to a crawl or become unresponsive.
0 Kudos
SethFriedman
New Contributor II
Rick, a temporary workaround I'm using while waiting for Esri to fix the bug is to keep a reference to the layer, remove it when the popover is presented, and then add it back to the map view when the popover is dismissed. Hope that helps!
0 Kudos