Offline address search using offline web map data in iOS

06-16-2022 12:31 AM
Tarak-Kar
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am implementing the search address functionality in my application using ArcGIS iOS SDK. I am also downloading an offline web map to display and it contains address search information. I have referred to the link for Offline address search and I realized that I need to use .loz and .loc local files for performing the offline address search. Can anyone help me if there is any way to use the offline web map address information for offline search functionality?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi.

When you take a web maps offline, you do not get geocoding support from that web map. You would have to get hold of .loz/.loc locator files for the area in question (you could use ArcGIS Pro to create those if you have the source data, see Introduction to locators and Create a locator in the ArcGIS Pro docs).

Mobile Map Packages are another way to get geocoding offline, but again they are not derived from Web Maps, but created in ArcGIS Pro (which packages up the .loz/.loc files inside the .mmpk).

For an overview of the offline options that Runtime supports, see the Offline conceptual guide.

One thought: you say that the web map contains address search information. Can you provide more details? If you have a feature layer of addresses that's downloaded with your offline map, you can query that to find feature locations. It's not as optimized as building a locator from your data and doesn't support Suggest capabilities, but can work in a pinch if the data is right.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

0 Kudos