Frequent crashes on ios 15.4

Jump to solution
03-28-2022 08:36 AM
YoussefMAHERZI
New Contributor III

Since the version 15.4 of iOS and iPadOS, we encounter many crashes while zooming on AGSSceneView with polygons on it.
Logs : 

Execution of the command buffer was aborted due to an error during execution. Caused GPU Address Fault Error (0000000b:kIOGPUCommandBufferCallbackErrorPageFault)

Command buffer execution failed (code 3): Caused GPU Address Fault Error (0000000b:kIOGPUCommandBufferCallbackErrorPageFault)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

FYI: Here is a blog post about this crash.

I will accept it as the solution so it appears up front to anyone reading this post.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you please expand and share the entire call stack? Even better, all the threads and the crash metadata.

If you're seeing this through the Xcode crash organizer,  you can right click on the crash and show in finder. Then please share the .crashpoint file. You can DM it to me.

0 Kudos
JeromeGOURNAY
New Contributor II

Hi,

Same issue with the ARCGIS sample on the store :

sample viewer app.  

Choose "Animate 3D Graphic"

Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for the repro. I don't see the app crash, but I do see the scene view become unresponsive. Will investigate further.

If you are seeing crashes, please do share a full stack as it will help us understand more.

0 Kudos
YoussefMAHERZI
New Contributor III

Hi @Nicholas-Furness 
I don't find the PM page so I can send you the crash logs.

Also the crash is reproducible a lot easier on iPad.

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor
I don't find the PM page so I can send you the crash logs.

Click on my avatar, go to my profile, and click the Direct Message button.

0 Kudos
YoussefMAHERZI
New Contributor III

No such button on your profile, neither an enveloppe on top of my screen as mentioned in the help page.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 18.37.52.png

0 Kudos
JeromeGOURNAY
New Contributor II

Sometimes I have a crash, a free or a crash with a strange view (see the screenshot)

JeromeGOURNAY
New Contributor II

crash or "freeze" 

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks. That's helpful, and strange that you don't see the DM option. Sorry about that.

Are you using ArcGIS Runtime 100.13 or 100.13.1?

If 100.13.1, did you also see this with 100.13?

0 Kudos