dyld[1119]: Library not loaded: @rpath/Runtimecore.framework/Runtimecore

Jump to solution
12-29-2022 05:22 PM
cb2206
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to add the ArcGIS iOS SDK to an existing Xcode project. I added ArcGIS via Swift Package Manager as well as by manually dragging and dropping ArcGIS.xcframework and Runtimecore.xcframework into "Frameworks, Libraries and Embedded Content".

With either way, when I compile and execute the project on an iPad Pro with M1 chip or an iPhone 13 Pro, the app crashes at startup with this error message.

What am I doing wrong?

dyld[1119]: Library not loaded: @rpath/Runtimecore.framework/Runtimecore
  Referenced from: <EE272319-351D-300E-99E1-CA79CBAD8940> /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/9DE567C3-D655-4DDE-A7D2-F0DC11BE6911/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup.app/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup
  Reason: tried: '/private/preboot/Cryptexes/OS@rpath/Runtimecore.framework/Runtimecore' (errno=2), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Runtimecore.framework/Runtimecore' (errno=2, not in dyld cache)
Library not loaded: @rpath/Runtimecore.framework/Runtimecore
  Referenced from: <EE272319-351D-300E-99E1-CA79CBAD8940> /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/9DE567C3-D655-4DDE-A7D2-F0DC11BE6911/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup.app/SMPAgentryClientFrameworkSetup
  Reason: tried: '/private/preboot/Cryptexes/OS@rpath/Runtimecore.framework/Runtimecore' (errno=2), '/System/Library/Frameworks/Runtimecore.framework/Runtimecore' (errno=2, not in dyld cache)
dyld config: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/system/introspection DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/libBacktraceRecording.dylib:/usr/lib/libMainThreadChecker.dylib:/usr/lib/libRPAC.dylib:/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DTDDISupport.framework/libViewDebuggerSupport.dylib
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cb2206
by
New Contributor II

Found the cause. For some reason in the existing project the Runpath Search Path parameter in Build Settings was incorrect.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rolson_esri
New Contributor III

I do not have those same devices, but I have an iPhone 12 Pro and following the instructions on the Swift Package Manager page here I am able to build and deploy an app to the iPhone 12 Pro.  I did not do any manual steps for dragging and dropping into "Frameworks, Libraries and Embedded Content".  I am using Xcode 14.1.

The only difference from the instructions is that the instructions say to go to File > Swift Packages > Add Package Dependency.  But with Xcode 14.1, that is now just under File > Add Packages. 

Please try with a brand new project, following the instructions here.

0 Kudos
cb2206
by
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.

I did not do any manual steps for dragging and dropping into "Frameworks, Libraries and Embedded Content".

Yes, I also just used the "add package" functionality in Xcode 14.1 but got that dyld error. I then tried the manual way to add the SDK described in the ArcGIS SDK how to get started page to see if that makes a difference but it didn't.

Please try with a brand new project

Yes, with a brand new project it works fine. There must be something in my existing project to which I need to add ArcGIS functionality which is causing the dyld but I'm out of ideas in which direction to search.

0 Kudos
cb2206
by
New Contributor II

Found the cause. For some reason in the existing project the Runpath Search Path parameter in Build Settings was incorrect.